How to Use Salesforce to Automate Sales and Marketing
While thinking of how to use Salesforce, you have most likely done your research and already decided that you need this system for your business. And it’s the right choice, but there are some important things to keep in mind when working with this system.
For example, you should consider learning how to use Salesforce for the purpose of customer retention as opposed to customer acquisition, because the first is more affordable and very effective. Working with the customers you have in the right way will lead you to having stronger relationships with them and better outcomes for your business.
So to achieve your business goals, realize the importance of Salesforce for your business and go through the available tools and services to learn how to use Salesforce and make the system convenient for you.
Why Learn How to Use Salesforce?
Using Salesforce provides major benefits to your business and helps it grow at a quick pace. While there are different CRM systems you can use, Salesforce has particular advantages over the others:
- Customization (adjust the system to your company’s needs in terms of its features)
- Ease of use (no technical knowledge is required to manage the system, it’s simple to learn how to use Salesforce)
- Various functionality (add apps, tools, and features to meet your needs)
- Analytics (collect data and track patterns to improve your approaches)
- Scalability (the platform grows according to the growth of your business)
- Extensions (AppExchange gathers useful apps to integrate into Salesforce)
- Community (the system keeps advancing, and the community around it grows accordingly)
Because of these benefits, using Salesforce in your business provides you with an opportunity to make your workflow as convenient as possible.
7 ways to simplify business processes with Salesforce
In order to enjoy the possibilities that Salesforce gives you, you need to know how to use it. Since Salesforce keeps updating, you should learn about the constant upgrades and implement the advancements in practice.
Here are some recommendations on how to use Salesforce so that it makes a positive impact on your business.
1. Automate Sales Pipeline & Accelerate Productivity
Start with Salesforce automation in terms of using the system to change your sales pipeline from a manual one to an automated one. A great thing to use for this purpose is Sales Cloud, which provides a variety of features, allowing you to further simplify the process.
Here is the list of features that you receive:
- Lead management allows you to gain more leads and convert them to sales deals in case you give them to the proper sales reps.
- Opportunity management is good for tracking things, such as products, delivery, payments, and other data.
- Workflow and Approval. A user-friendly and easy-to-use tool that supports drag-and-drop management helps you to simplify your sales processes by creating new conditions on applying discounts or special conditions to certain leads. Once the workflow is set up, the sales director or other users with the appropriate role can approve it in one click to close more successful deals.
- Sales Data. This gives you the possibility to automatically enhance your user profiles with relevant data and receive powerful insights in improving your targeting. When fetching data directly from data.com, rest assured that you receive fresh and accurate information to turn your leads into valuable clients.
- Account and Contact management. Offer only the best deals to your customers. This feature keeps all the account history, including client activity, allowing your sales agents to have fast access to the information they need to approach any client.
- Files Sync and Share erases the limits on sharing files with your team members and allows you to do so securely and conveniently, meaning that you can access files from different devices without damaging or losing them.
- Reports and Dashboards allow you to have reports created automatically so you get the full picture of the progress your business is making..
- Sales Forecasting works through algorithms that are based on AI and the information that is already available in the system to provide sales forecasts. This makes it possible for you to track your progress on goal achievement and adjust the schedule, strategy, and plan in a timely manner if you need to.
- Mobile Salesforce. You no longer need to be at your desktop to get access to all the working tools you need. Bring your office with you anywhere you go with your mobile device. All the necessary communication features, such as responding to clients, calls, and dashboard views are included, making Salesforce perfect for customer service.
As you can see, Sales Cloud has enough features to offer so that you can automate a great number of processes that occur in your normal workflow, making things easier and faster for your business.
Tip: Unify Customer Data
In sales, you need to have the full picture of each one of your clients in order to fully understand your audience. That's why it is essential for you to create a place where you will keep all the information on a customer instead of keeping it in different apps and sources, and your place for this is Salesforce. As a result of moving all information to the platform, you will have a 360° view of every client that you will be able to share with the entire team. Not only does this give you transparency, but it also gives you data that is easily accessible and can be useful for analysis later so you can improve your business.
2. Automate Service Support
Service Cloud allows you to provide support to customers after the sales stage is completed. This includes informational and technical support, and the goal is to optimize and improve cooperation with your clients and their experience with your company. The clients choose the preferred channel of communication, such as messengers, live chats, and chatbots that operate based on AI to assist them quickly according to their needs. That’s what makes Salesforce the best CRM for small and medium businesses.
The benefits of this product are:
- Case Management - Improve your customer service with Salesforce. Having full access to all the previous histories of the clients’ interactions with customer support, your agents will be able to solve issues in a quick and efficient manner.
- Service Process and Automation - Tailor the services you provide according to your needs and simplify the routine processes by setting up the approval processes and automating them with the Lightning Flow feature.
- Lightning Service Console - Forget about keeping your canned replies at the desktop documents and speed up the response time of your agents. With this tool, you can integrate custom templates, shortcuts, and quick access to all the client’s details, such as history and contact information.
- Knowledge Base - Leave the complex search algorithms for your articles in the past. With the knowledgebase option, it is much easier to find the necessary guideline and recommended articles can save time for your support since users can find the necessary information by themselves.
- Omni-Channel Routing - Best assistance quality achieved by recognizing the cases previously processed by your support department and matching the clients’ queries to agents with the most appropriate expertise for a certain request.
- Service Analytics - With the help of the integrated configuration tool, develop your custom apps by answering several questions regarding your needs. Artificial intelligence will do the rest to provide you with the forecasts and actionable data to drive more prosperity into your business.
- Telephony integration - Enjoy all the benefits of CTI Technologies to get the most of your telephone calls. Number detection can help you personalize communication and instant logging can help you to keep track of all the received information. Features that allow turning a call notes into actionable items in one click and enable call answering without touching your phone will decrease the response time and ensure that your customers receive timely support.
- Automation with Macros - Are your agents tired of repetitive manual processes? Make them happy by introducing automated tasks and running macros with the defined set of actions that are to be performed, thus speeding up solving clients’ problems faster.
- Asset and Order Management - View billing history, support requests including clients’ orders, and process payments with ease. Build trust having all the transaction details at hand when it’s necessary.
3. Marketing Automation
Obviously, Salesforce is best used with automation, and marketing is no exception. Marketing Cloud is another tool for automation that contains a wide range of functions, including Data Studio aimed for seeking new audiences, Email Studio for building email campaigns, Interaction Studio for simple user activity visualization, Pardot for B2B support, and several other features you will surely find useful.
Here are the Marketing Cloud features that will help you execute all the marketing potential:
- Email Studio – This allows you to make your email communication more personalized by gathering the data from other cloud products you use alongside Salesforce and other resources. Organize your campaigns by sending emails with different call-to-actions, including informative and promotionally targeted emails.
- Mobile Studio - Enhance the communication means by using mobile resources. Choose between different methods: push messages, SMS, or other notifications. Sent in the right place at the right time, they can be a trigger to try your products. Pick up suitable conditions based on the location or proximity to your offline store or a special event to increase your selling perspectives.
- Social Studio - This engages you as a business into the world of social media communication to speak the same language as your users do, monitor your competitors, and raise brand awareness on the Internet.
- Advertising Studio - Transform your customers’ contact data into a powerful tool for digital marketing. Launch win-back campaigns, contribute to customer acquisition, engage your target audience into promotions, and use every opportunity to advertise your services.
- Web Studio - Build consistent and elegant landing pages with the website builder tool integrated into Web Studio; part of the Marketing Cloud. Don’t worry about the different versions, as a responsive design feature is enabled by default. Save partially ready content into drafts and schedule the publication of the page to deliver them at the right moment.
Help your marketing and sales team achieve outstanding performance in fruitful lead nurturing with Pardot:
- Lead Management – This can help you to build closer relationships with your leads at any stage of the customer funnel. At the same time, automatic segmentation allows you to find your users and based on the criteria, you define and segment them to build unique service propositions for every customer category.
- Lead Generation - Act on valuable data received from your traffic analysis, build custom landing pages, and create clean surveys that people would love to fill in.
- Email Marketing - It allows you to build effective email campaigns that will force people to click on it. Includes the possibilities of A/B testing so you can find your a perfect message.
- ROI Reporting - This allows you to evaluate your marketing campaigns and measure its cost-effectiveness. With this feature, you can also have a global view of your sales funnel and engagement of your customers at any point. It also supports the integration of the most popular social media tools to see how your customers interact with you through any given channel.
- Einstein Lead Scoring – This is to help you build the forecasts of your prospective users, determine conversion rates, and classify them into one of your customer segmentation groups.
Key marketing tips:
Personalize Your Approach
With all the information you will be having in your database, it won't be a problem to make your clients feel special. Given the data on what they have viewed and considered to purchase but did not end up buying, you can come up with a personalized offer for the person to make him or her reconsider the decision. Eventually, you will change the way you approach each individual client and establish a more personal relationship with your audience.
Besides these, you can also have different applications for the data you collect. Based on what you know about your customers, reach out to them on social media. Create opportunities for your company to interact with them through the networking platforms by coming up with what can be interesting for your audience. Consequently, you will have regular feedback from your audience and communicate with it. These are the ways Salesforce can assist you in changing the way you treat your customers and conduct your business.
Keep Track of Subscribers
An important thing to keep in mind is that some of the subscribers you have may have become inactive. A mistake you make in this case is that you still keep them in your email lists. Making some calculations will show you that the inactive subscribers you engage with will cost you a lot. And you limit the number of your mass emails that you can send out to active users by keeping inactive ones in the mailing list because you can only send mass emails to 5,000 external recipient mailboxes per org daily with a Salesforce Enterprise account. Therefore, when you're trying to learn how to use Salesforce, be sure not to make this mistake by keeping inactive subscribers.
4. Analytics Automation
Analytics plays a huge role in business growth, yet it can be time consuming to manage. Therefore, to learn how to use Salesforce, you need to understand how to integrate analytics automation, which you can get with Einstein Analytics. This is just one more business tool to keep in mind. This tool works by using an AI to analyze sources, build combinations and track patterns, make predictions, and provide recommendations based on them.
The benefits of using these artificial intelligence algorithms in Einstein Analytics are:
- Stay connected with clean data management that keeps the slightest details of your work smoothly organized.
- Easily access all kinds of information, build forecasts, and act on received advice without a necessity to retrieve the code.
- Launch your applications built with a discovery and analytics studio. No need to have advanced technical skills, as based on your answers, the ready-to-go templates will be offered for further customization.
As a result, you will be able to attain forecasts regarding your business much faster and make more profitable business decisions. In addition, you can integrate Einstein Analytics with other apps to gather particular data.
5. Collaboration Automation
Interactions are simple to handle with a collaboration tool called the Community Cloud. With this tool, you get the opportunity to exchange information in real time and exchange files between devices, regardless of whether it is a mobile or stationary device. Another thing you can do is customize templates for forums or messages so that you spend less time on creating interactions and focus on information exchange every time. Eventually, you'll stay up to date with everyone with no extra effort.
Have a look at its features which will contribute to your community building:
- Business Integration - Create a one-stop shop where all your partners and customers can fulfill their needs by using the data integration from any system inside or outside Salesforce.
- Personalization Community Cloud - Analyze insightful data such as interests and activities to provide you with suggestions regarding content. As a result, this will foster deepening the community bonds.
- Customization and Branding - Paint Community Cloud your colors and instill trust in your brand by customizing every single detail to correspond to the unique spirit of your company.
- Communicate - Bring your community anywhere you go by using the application or a web version of the Salesforce Mobile version with adaptive web design so you are able to collaborate from anywhere.
- Topics - This is one more cool feature from Einstein AI that helps to generate the pages dedicated to a specific topic, automatically gathering all the necessary files and information about it. There is also a feature to follow the updates on topics you subscribe to.
- Using Chatter makes teamwork on the project easier - You can simultaneously work on documents and tasks with other members, making the process of sharing ideas easier and your collective results more impressive.
- Groups - Organize theme-related communication all in one place. Engage in group discussions and inform people about new events you organize. By the way, it also supports embedding videos, thus introducing more fun into your day-to-day routine.
Features to facilitate communication with your customers popularizing self-service practices:
- Knowledge: Supply your customers with fast access to the necessary articles and answer repository to provide timely solutions.
- Case escalation: Taking into account the spread of turning to various communities for solving problems, customers can raise their concerns directly and get help not only from your agents but from their peers and other customers who solved similar issues previously.
- Engagement: Award your most active customers with badges to recognize their contribution to the community by labeling them as experts. Thank opinion leaders with the engagement software and add some entertainment by enabling voting so that clients can reaffirm the skills of one another.
- E-commerce: Get the possibility to reach out to your customers when they see your products on social media and make your existing customers your partners by selling products with their mediation.
- Community Management: This helps you to find the patterns in their behavior by showing you the engagement of your customers in groups, most popular themes, and client pain points.
And take partnership to a new level with Community Cloud:
- Salesforce Automation - Enable information sharing with your partners. Now you can easily send them contacts and other necessary information so that they have access to more data. No more conflicts on the lead distributions or doubling efforts for reaching the same potential clients.
- Data Sharing - Give partners sharing access to your inventories, making sure they get all the right info to launch sales. At the same time, control the level of permissions to avoid disclosing internal company data.
- Actions - Give your partners the opportunity to participate in the business flows right from a community feed and use application integration to make them work with the familiar tools.
- Dashboards and Reports – With this you can follow the sales and activity health of your partners. In addition to being a great collaboration tool, it gives you the opportunity to share the reports and dashboards with your partner so that you can make sure they are aligned with your business aspirations.
- Salesforce Files - Make the files accessible from wherever your partners need it. Synchronize files from different devices to make sure you will not lose any important details. Also, the FileConnect option makes it possible to integrate file sharing from other systems such as Google Drive or Share Point.
6. Embrace mastery over Cloud Commerce to drive more sales
Commerce Cloud serves to help you build online stores with ease. Here you have the possibility to manage multiple websites from one account, connect with various APIs to ensure quick order processing, and many other useful features designed to make online sales easy. Regardless of the business model, be it either B2B or B2C, you will find all the necessary functions designed for making the process more convenient. Let’s take a closer look at what it offers and how it can boost your sales:
The B2C Sector, where you directly offer your products to end customers, can benefit from the following features:
- Conversion optimization - Make sure that users finish the purchasing flow by offering them saved items in the cart from the previous time, speed up transactions, and make sure that the checkout process goes smoothly.
- Engagement in social media - Give your users a choice to find your products in their preferred media through the ads integration in Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
- Online sales personalization - Using customer segmentation, place unique offerings for each group and increase the loyalty of your customers. And AI algorithms will certainly make everything possible as well as make this process better.
- Unification of everything you need - This feature would be beneficial for everyone with several versions of the same website adapted to different audiences. Have a unified view on all the products, including the variations of pricing and currency.
- Smart searching algorithms and personified recommendations - This will make it easier to adapt to any particular user and give them results based on their preferences and executing predictions to show customized personal recommendations.
- Customer Insights - Based on activity and behavior patterns, get the most of them. Tailor special offerings, create product bundling, and do a lot more to develop your product offerings.
If you run the B2B model, here are the benefits:
- Quick deployment - Your ideas will be deployed quickly to speed up product delivery, making you the most attractive figure on the market.
- Optimize daily routine - Set up automatic re-ordering for your clients when certain items are close to going out of stock. Monitor the product situation to be ready to satisfy the needs of your retail or wholesale partners at the right moment.
- Respond to B2B challenges - Make online ordering easier with customized product categories and special pricing. Turn the process into self-service so your partners can feel the advantages of your services compared to your competitors. A side bonus from it: save the money spent on providing support and allocate these resources to grow more.
- Grow a partnering network - Help your partners grow with your help by building websites that can be easily set up and customized.
- B2B Experience Breakthrough - Take control over all chains starting from making the product to provide support (with possible mediation) to end customers, thereby increasing your reputation on the market.
- Get the most out of SaaS - Now it’s easier than ever to manage SaaS applications enabling automated renewals, plan upgrades and downgrades, and making sure your customers receive the top-notch service they deserve.
7. Improve your productivity boost with Quip
Focus on global development plans rather than monotonous tasks. The Quip addon for Salesforce provides a complete office suite with documents, presentation slides, and data management through creating different tables and graphs, thus making it a pleasure to use for your team. Check out its main advantages:
- A one-stop shop for managing office requirements. There is no need to use Google Docs for one purpose, Excel for data management, or third-party chat applications. Work on any documents with your teammates without disruption.
- Be mobile by taking your office tools with you no matter where you go. Modify your documents with access from any point on the Earth.
- Protect your productivity. Take complete control over the locations and networks from where your working space can be accessed. Quip Shield also helps prevent potential breaches and malicious attacks.
- Save time on copying and re-typing. Include Salesforce data and provide the communication context with the available embedding feature to focus on finding perfect solutions rather than routine document work.
Obviously, there are many benefits to Salesforce adoption for your business. But you need to learn how to use Salesforce in order to make the implementation successful and effective for your business goals. From the list provided, you can see that there are so many additional tools and features that you can use to automate a lot of processes related to Salesforce. In fact, automation plays a huge role in leads nurturing and successful customer retention. Automation takes an important part in lead nurturing and increases customer retention rates.
In the long run, learning how to use Salesforce appears to establish strong relationships with clients, helps you achieve your business objectives, and contributes to the overall growth of your business.