Work on Email Directly via Salesforce Gmail Integration
The goal of any business is to build strong customer relationships, and that's why Salesforce created its cloud-based CRM. As the “command center” of any organization, CRM manages customer data and actions, reports, workflows/forecasting, and communicates with third-party systems, such as marketing platforms.
Gmail is the center of communication activity, and to work with it you have to leave CRM. This is time-consuming and lowers productivity, and the manual processing of emails is tedious and often leads to errors and missed opportunities.
Salesforce Gmail integration resolves issues arising from manual synchronization and email processing. As a result, contacts, events, and tasks are synchronized, making it easier to enter data and keep track of important letters linked to Salesforce records. Therefore, organizations that use both platforms in their daily activities should regard Salesforce and Gmail integration as crucial steps to automating their routine processes.
Strengths of Salesforce Gmail Integration
The profits of integrating Salesforce Gmail are much broader than most professionals might think. After combining your email and calendar with CRM Salesforce, you will have access to:
CRM data Immediately In Your Inbox
An email sidebar will allow you to manage your CRM data right from your inbox. You can monitor and update each Salesforce record upon closing your Gmail inbox, and you can save certain emails and records in your CRM.
Associate Important Salesforce Content to Google Calendar and Gmail
You can associate emails and onetime calendar events with Salesforce contacts and other Salesforce records. In addition, sales representatives have access to up-to-date contact information and schedule directly in the CRM as the amount of data entered decreases, along with data entry errors.
Automatic Log of Calls, Tasks, Emails, and Appointments in Salesforce
You will log emails, calls, and appointments in Salesforce automatically.
Before the integration, you can track who opened your last email and followed its links, and when it happened. You can also monitor the effectiveness of mailings directly in CRM.
Conveyor And Sales Forecast Management
Email integration creates a complete and up-to-date email record in SFDC. Marketers can segment email lists and lean on customer data, such as purchase history or their position in the sales funnel recorded in CRM. This will permit you to make email marketing campaigns.
Personalized Email Templates and Sequences
With the CRM system, you can create personalized emails and save them as templates, which will allow you to send them much faster. And multi-step programs automatedly deliver emails and reminders to potential customers according to your necessities.
Deep Email Analytics
You can measure your performance by monitoring which templates are performing well and which can be removed by monitoring email openings and clicks.
Einstein Activity Capture
When you receive or send letters, Einstein Activity Capture appends them to the activity timeline of linked opportunities, accounts, leads, contacts, and quotes automatically. In addition, Einstein Email Insights intelligently analyzes data so you can send the correct answer at the right time.
Best practices for setting up Gmail integration
Before setting up the integration with Gmail, consider what features you want to enable and whether users need access to the various components.
To set up Gmail integration, you demand an email server and admin access to Salesforce. You also need to install the Salesforce Extension from Chrome, which is regularly updated with every Salesforce release.
If you set up a single account in Salesforce, you'll be prompted to sign in to Salesforce before starting the integration. The “Sign-In to Salesforce” button addresses you to the regular Salesforce sign-in page. Representatives will be able to log on to the domain in typical My Domain and SSO configurations.
Since Gmail or the extension does not store the domain name, enter it when you sign in. After you switch to the domain, SSO is applied, Salesforce is authenticated, and then integration can begin.
If you have to sign in after their Gmail integration session ends, switch off the “Keep Gmail and Salesforce Connected” option in the Salesforce Gmail Integration settings.
Configuring the Gmail Integration Features
This integration utilizes the email application panels to define the location of the components in the integration sidebar, including the default quick-start panel. Panels are customizable according to preference - you can exclude, include, or reorder components. You can also build custom email app panels and assign them to particular user profiles.
- Gmail integration uses publisher layouts that include a set of default actions to define common quick actions, such as creating contacts, leads, and opportunities to grant or deny access to specific quick steps as part of the integration, append, or change the publisher's layout.
- To automatically capture emails to link Salesforce records, set up the Einstein Activity. Then you will see the sharing options instead of the manual logging options in the integration.
- If enhanced email isn't enabled, users won't be able to register emails from Gmail to Salesforce.
- Records joined with an email or event can be viewed and edited. The fields available on the Details tab are displayed in order so they can be defined in the page layout for a particular user. Lightning components added to the page layout will not display when integrated.
- If the user has access to the activity timeline and the task can be linked, the record details will include the Actions tab. However, you can’t customize the order of displaying these particular tabs.
- It added the email attachment to Salesforce as a file. File access in Salesforce depends on whether it links the messages as tasks or emails. When emails are linked as tasks, registered attachments are available in the Files section of the Salesforce email page layout. When the extended email is active, emails are registered as email objects, and attachments will be available in the eponymous section of the Salesforce email.
- If the object has multiple record types and the "New" button in the linked list is overridden, the integration only supports this button if you skip the page for selecting the record type in the override configuration.
- Attachments in email templates are not supported with Gmail integration. If you insert an email template that contains an attachment, the template’s body will be included in the email. However, the attachment is not included.
Available in Salesforce Classic (not in all organizations) and Lightning Experience. Can be used with Sales and Service Cloud, and on Salesforce Lightning in Professional, Performance, Essentials, Enterprise, Group, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
How To Add Salesforce To Gmail: Native Integrations
Salesforce offers several options for Salesforce/Gmail/Calendar integration. Your choice depends on whether you are using the Classic or Lightning Experience version. Gmail for Salesforce integration allows you:
- Create Salesforce Entities
- Synchronize events and cases among Google Calendar and Salesforce.
- Track emails and conversations in Salesforce
Salesforce Gmail Plugin Options
Whatever you use, Gmail or Outlook, there are various opportunities for integrating these tools with CRM. Specifically, Gmail to Salesforce - a simple Google plugin that instantly unites your Gmail inbox with Salesforce. In addition, a button will be appended to Gmail to make it easy to attach emails (received or sent) to Salesforce objects.
Salesforce Lightning for Gmail is a high-level tool that increases productivity by allowing Salesforce to collect additional information from emails. In addition, you can generate new records in Salesforce without switching between programs. Moreover, it makes it easy to copy essential data, such as attachments, emails, calendar items, and they can be marked as custom items, opportunities, or cases.
Gmail Integration in Salesforce Classic
In the Classic version, you can combine Gmail with Salesforce like this:
- Method 1 - Gmail in Salesforce
- Method 2 - Gmail buttons and links
Starting Gmail in Salesforce
Gmail Integration for Salesforce is a Google Chrome extension that lets you create and interact with Salesforce objects without closing your email. The plugin Salesforce Gmail appends a button on the Gmail page that makes it easy to attach received and/or sent emails to Salesforce objects. The Salesforce for Gmail extension is supported by all versions of Salesforce that have API access permitted by default.
Important! API access can be enabled in any other version as an extension. Check with the Salesforce provider for details.
Gmail to Salesforce permits you to log letters automatically. It also allows you to log the chats you send from your email account as activities by interests, contacts, opportunities, and other records that maintain activity history.
Important! If you've activated Gmail in Salesforce, you won't be able to deactivate it anymore.
How to Activate Gmail In Salesforce:
Once a Salesforce admin enables the integration, you need to install the Chrome extension.
- Go to set up, append Email to Salesforce, then pick Email to Salesforce. Verify that it's activated.
- In the Quick Find box, pick Google Apps Settings
- Set a Domain and Administrative Contact, after Save.
How to Activate Gmail Buttons And Links
Gmail links and buttons append Gmail links next to email fields in all records and Gmail buttons in the activity history for contacts and leads. For example, when you press on the Gmail or Write Gmail link, Salesforce automatically signs in to your Gmail account and fills in the “To” field. If Gmail to Salesforce is added, Salesforce enters your address in the BCC field.
To initiate Gmail buttons and links:
- First, go to set up, then pick Google Apps Settings.
- In the Activate Google Apps Services list, press Edit next to Gmail Buttons and Links.
- Turn on Gmail Buttons and Links, choose Active.
- To append Gmail links to email fields (except for email fields on pages under Setup), pick Gmail Links
- To append Compose Gmail buttons in Activity History contacts and leads, pick Gmail Buttons.
- Press Save.
Important! Google Apps in Salesforce becomes visible to all Salesforce users upon activation. To use them, you will demand Google Apps accounts on your domain.
If you haven't installed Gmail for Salesforce, you can still use Gmail links for leads and contacts. However, in this case, Salesforce does not log emails sent from your Gmail account and does not fill the email address for Salesforce.
Setting Up Lightning For Gmail
This is a Gmail-side integration between a Google Workspace user's Gmail and Salesforce account.
- Open your Salesforce Lightning account.
- Enter the "Quick Search" field in the upper left corner after selecting the "Customize" option.
- Enter "Lightning for Gmail" and sync.
- You should now be able to set up Lightning for Gmail or Lightning Sync
- Content is customized through Lightning App Builder. This will allow you to use appropriate templates to enhance dialogue instead of writing letters from scratch.
Important! You must write a unique email address in the format - @ yourcompanyname.com.
Salesforce Lightning Gmail Integration
In the Lightning version for registering email and utilization Gmail, the following options are available:
Send Through Gmail
This option is suitable for reps who primarily work in Salesforce but utilize a Gmail account to send letters. Emails are composed in Salesforce but are sent through your Gmail account and appear in the Sent Items folder of Gmail. When Send to Gmail is enabled, there is a Write Gmail button in the Lead and Contact History. Additionally, emails are logged in the records from which the email was sent. Available in Lightning Experience and the Essentials, Professional, Unlimited, Enterprise, Performance, and Developer Editions.
- Send Email through External Email Service
- Access to the record the email is sent from
- Send Email
Emails sent through workflows and triggers are still sent through Salesforce. Also, bounce management is not supported when sending via outside email accounts.
Email delivery information for sending via Gmail or Office 365 is not available in email logs.
- Open My Email Settings.
- Choose how you’d like to send your email.
- Your Salesforce admin can enable Gmail or Office 365 for your org. Unfortunately, you can’t choose between the two.
- Press Save.
Gmail Integration into Lightning Experience
For reps who primarily sign in with a Gmail account, they can choose which Salesforce will log emails when they are sent.
Capture Einstein Activity
For users who want emails to be logged automatically, Einstein will log email activity from any connected device.
How to set up integration with Gmail
- Go to "Settings".
- Enter Gmail in the "Quick Search" field, then pick "Gmail Integration and Sync." and activate.
The “Use enhanced email in Gmail” option must be enabled to register emails as standard objects and enabled in Salesforce. This option lets you add (or register) emails and their attachments as Salesforce emails or records. With Einstein's Activity, Email and Event Capture will automatically add events and emails to the linked Salesforce records activity timeline.
Available in all versions except Database.com
The Gmail address will be available as part of the Google Workspace or G Suite with a unique email domain in the format: @ yourcompanyname.com.
Make sure that “Block cookies” is disabled in your content settings and that your Google Chrome browser is updated to the latest version.
Enhanced Email & Gmail Integration
Enhanced Email lets you quickly and easily associate emails with linked Salesforce records. This is required to attach any email to Salesforce for Gmail integration.
- When writing emails, you can link them not only to Salesforce records, but also to contacts, leads, and users.
- When reps associate an email with a matching case, opportunity, account, or custom object, the contacts, leads, and users in the email are automatically linked.
- Linked emails keep full HTML formatting, so emails in Salesforce look the same as they do in Gmail.
- Linked emails are saved as email message records.
To enable the integration after allowing extended email for Gmail, follow these steps:
- Type Gmail into a quick search, then choose Gmail Integration and Sync.
- Switch on and expand “Allow users access to Salesforce records from Gmail.”
- To associate emails with corresponding Salesforce records, actuate enhanced email with Gmail.
This is the commercial version of Outlook/Gmail integration and synchronization. Inbox brings the calendar, email, and CRM in one app. Salesforce Inbox uses AI that analyzes data, recommends next steps, and automates time-consuming tasks. This application allows you to:
- Track the opening of emails
- Compose letters from templates
- Schedule emails to be sent next
- Link emails to both custom and standard objects
- Automatically schedule appointments
- Update or make Salesforce records from Outlook / Gmail
- Manage Salesforce / Gmail / Outlook tasks
Price: $25 per user per month (billed annually)
How To Integrate Salesforce With Gmail Via Third-party Connectors
One distinctive feature of the Salesforce platform is the many applications and add-ons found on the AppExchange, including a wide range of solutions for Gmail Salesforce integration. There are Gmail SDFS integration connectors that use the add-in technology and are made into Gmail. These are not unreliable Chrome extensions, as they run directly in the Google cloud. So, does Salesforce integrate with Gmail by add-ons and third-party connectors?
Salesforce Connector for G Suite
The add-on by iEnterprises provides a 360 view of consumers in Gmail and Google Calendar and gives you the ability to save emails directly to Salesforce contacts and leads from Gmail and Google Calendar.
You will reply and generate text by special email templates. The Gmail to Salesforce connector is compatible with any modern browser so that you can use the same functionality on mobile or desktop platforms. The add-in can be deployed with one click.
How Integration Work
- Step 1: On the product page, press Install.
- Step 2. In the “Prepare to Install” permission window, press Continue.
- Step 3. In the Google login dialog box, select the email account to append the connector.
- Step 4. In the Allow Account Access dialog box, select Allow. Press Finish.
- Step 5. Navigate to the selected email account and update. The email connector icon for Gmail and CRM will appear.
Now you can see information from your inbox and can add emails to CRM!
The connector allows you to transfer information between Gmail and Salesforce with no code. The Zapier Gmail Salesforce Connector lets you use Salesforce in your mailbox and calendar. When you receive an email message or search the connector, it automatically displays all contact information immediately from Salesforce, with related objects such as activities, opportunities, and accounts.
Price: $29.99 if month-to-month or from $19.99 a month (billed annually). There is also a free plan.
How Integration Work
- Stage 1. Register.
- Stage 2: Authenticate Salesforce + Gmail.
- Stage 3: Assign one app as a trigger.
- Stage 4: Pick a resulting action from the other app.
- Stage 5: Decide on the data you want to transfer from one app to the other.
Connector for Gmail and Salesforce combines Salesforce and Gmail so you can work in Salesforce without closing your inbox. It also offers many ready-made templates, intelligent automation, AI, and bots for more productive work.
Workato has developed its SDK for apps and websites that are compatible with the Workato workflow. This allows you to embed the SDK into any API-enabled application and create new custom connectors for Workato.
Price: Subscription starts at $249 per month
How Integration Work
- Stage 1. Register.
- Stage 2. Establish a connection to create a new recipe. To do this, select the application and the trigger event. Since Gmail syncs with Salesforce, merge your accounts in the two tools.
- Stage 3. After defining triggers and relationships, you can create an action.
- Stage 4. Test it and start.
This connector offers a relevant level of integration offering low prices for startups and companies. Automate.io creates conditional workflows, enabling you to successfully integrate multiple web apps and connect them with no code. You can create a series of workflows for various applications with just a few clicks. The APIs are easy to understand and can get started in minutes.
Price: There is a free version, and subscriptions start from $49 per month.
How Integration Work
- Step 1. Log in to Automate.io.
- Step 2. Join your Salesforce + Gmail accounts.
- Step 3. Select the trigger application and configure the trigger.
- Step 4. Configure the action.
- Step 5. Match the fields and save them to complete the workflow setup.
- Step 6. Test and get started.
Because most of your interactions with partners, customers, and clients are through email, Gmail integration for Salesforce will be the most suitable decision for your business. It will allow you not to waste time switching between systems and always have up-to-date data in a rapidly changing sales environment.
So if you don't know how to integrate Gmail with Salesforce or need help to choose the right way of Salesforce and Gmail integration and help with any other form of Salesforce integration, contact us. Our certified Salesforce experts will be happy to help you optimize your business.