Salesforce + LinkedIn Integration Guide
Do you want to attract more clients and expand your business’ reach? Are you seeking target organizations and buyers adapted to your brand, products, and services? You can get this and more with Salesforce LinkedIn Integration.
Salesforce solutions are successfully used to manage a large customer base and provide more personalized client services. This centralized cloud platform with multiple tools automates business processes and stores significant details about customization and services to meet explicit and hidden customers’ needs and preferences.
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional online network. You can use this platform to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills you need to succeed in your career. You can access LinkedIn from a desktop, (Apple or Android) mobile app, and mobile web experience. The platform provides great marketing capabilities to attract leads and optimize your sales. LinkedIn established that sellers who use the platform are more successful and 51% more likely to attain their quota. The Salesforce and LinkedIn convergence brings the efforts of both platforms together to empower you.
Benefits Of Salesforce and LinkedIn Integration
Since LinkedIn is the most popular social network for work and hiring, it makes sense to pair it with Salesforce, the most requested CRM system. LinkedIn organically grows consumers and leads through the social network, while Salesforce makes these actions more intellectual.
The seamless integration between Salesforce and LinkedIn allows users to work without switching between platforms. It saves your representatives time, as the most important sales operations or processes are some restrictions required to be recorded and supported in CRM.
- Lead creation costs are kept to a minimum: Salesforce and LinkedIn offer various marketing tools for generating leads. Marketing experts use both platforms simultaneously to deepen their business opportunities. LinkedIn gives you access to a wealth of marketing data, while Salesforce assists you in classifying the entire data and ensures unbounded leads.
- Lead generation is more effective: LinkedIn has a complex tracking system and stores data about anyone who visits your website. You can easily identify leads using this process, and thus, boost your lead conversion rate.
- Solutions complement each other: Salesforce manages the data, which is a capacity LinkedIn lacks. In turn, LinkedIn fills in data gaps in CRM to make the most of your data and achieve the best results with maximum innovation.
- The target audience for your services and products is defined: LinkedIn will help you determine the value of your buyers based on the details presented on their social profiles and attract them with a personalized approach for a better reach.
How To Integrate LinkedIn With Salesforce
There exist several ways to connect Salesforce to LinkedIn, and the choice of the right tool depends entirely on your req
LinkedIn has created a dedicated Salesforce app, Sales Navigator, that simplifies Salesforce social media integration. With it, reps can import any contacts, accounts, and leads your team is actively working on.
This tool is compatible with both Salesforce and other popular solutions. LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Salesforce integration through AppExchange enables you to log actions directly into Salesforce. To do so, you will have to:
- Connect a CRM widget in Salesforce to view your LinkedIn information directly in your leads and contacts records.
- Import CRM accounts and contacts from Salesforce to Sales Navigator for more individualized communication during a cycle of active deals.
- Automate the registration of InMail messages and notes.uirements and capabilities.
Custom API Integration
The connection can be done by pulling data through API to Salesforce and creating custom code in Apex. This way, you can import leads from LinkedIn to Salesforce and get the main LinkedIn profile information and URL in various fields of a record relating to a custom entity in your Salesforce org. With Custom API integration:
- Contact and account records linked with any open capabilities are contacted directly into the Sales Navigator.
- You can assign certain Salesforce users leads instantly imported into LinkedIn and map them to the same user account.
- Sales Navigator will display “suggested leads” based on synchronized CRM data and linked with LinkedIn's algorithms and data.
It requires several restrictions by third-party connectors that can be used for integration. For example, Zapier is a tool created for integrating online services and multiple systems using persuasive rules and filters.
Alternatively, you can connect LinkedIn to Salesforce using the Workato integration tool. The principle of operation of this connector is the same as that of Zapier.
How To Integrate Salesforce With LinkedIn
Combining Salesforce with LinkedIn's Sales Navigator helps you identify leads, find potential partners, and sync accounts, opportunities, and contacts.
How to sync LinkedIn Sales Navigator With Salesforce? Before enabling CRM sync, download the app in Salesforce and attune and test widgets for all pages. You will need admittance in any of the next Salesforce editions, namely Unlimited, Enterprise, Performance, or Developer. API access is required for the Professional version.
Important: You can install the app using your account, but this path does not support all CRM sync functionalities.
LinkedIn for Salesforce Pricing
There are three types of subscriptions to Sales Navigator LinkedIn for Salesforce: Enterprise, Professional, and Team. Sales Navigator starts at $64.99 per month, paid annually ($779.88/year) or $79.99 per month. Meanwhile, the Team version is available for $134.99 per month.
Installing Sales Navigator’s Classic Version
- Choose Sales Navigator and press “Get Now” in the pop-up window. Sometimes, you’re prompt to sign in to your AppExchange account for verification.
- In the "Install in this organization" section, click on "Install here."
- Read and accept the terms. Choose "Confirm and Install."
- Define access for special profiles and users. If you want to restrict access to particular profiles and users, choose "Install for certain profiles." And if you do not wish to restrict access, press "Install for all users."
- When the screen displays "Installation complete," continue to the next part. If "Processing" appears, wait for the email and get going with the next section.
After downloading the app, you must attune user management in your Salesforce account and allow LinkedIn tasks for eligible users only.
LinkedIn Task Management
- Open “Settings” on the Salesforce home page.
- Pick "Profiles" in the Quick Find field and then find them in the "User Management" section. Choose the first profile in the list. Important: Do not choose System Administrator or Integration User Profile.
- Go down to the “Record Type” settings, open the “Tasks” line, and press "Change."
- Pick “Smart Links Created,” “LinkedIn InMail,” “Smart Links Viewed,” “LinkedIn Call,” and “LinkedIn Message,” and press “Delete” for each of them.
- Save and reiterate the process for each profile.
Sharing LinkedIn Reports
You will have to demand to share your LinkedIn Unauthorized Activities folder with all users who will be held accountable for handling incoming LinkedIn activities.
- Open the app icon and choose “Marketing.”
- Choose the “Reports” tab and find LinkedIn reports in the left pane.
- Open the button “Icon” and press “Share.” On the appearing pop-up screen, pick “Users,” “Roles,” or “Subordinates” to share the list with the desired users, according to your organization's security model. Define the users or roles you want and then press “Share” next to their names.
- Press the down arrow and define a type of access. You may choose “Viewer,” or “Editor” if you want your users to change this report. Press “Finish.”
- Reiterate these steps for all users or roles that you want to give access to.
Appending Company Pages and LinkedIn Member Profiles to Contact Pages and Leads
If you connect the widget to the Classic version, you append LinkedIn profiles (members and company) to the next page layouts:
- Opportunity (company profiles only)
- Account (company profile only)
- Go to Set Up > Interest > Page Layouts.
- Pull the new section into the layout where you want to mark your LinkedIn company profile. This section is best placed at the top of the page, so that you can see together with checkmark our account and LinkedIn profile details.
- In the Section Properties, inscribe Section Name: Company Page on LinkedIn/ Detail page: <marked>. Edit page: <unchecked>. Layout: <1-column> and press “OK.”
- Pull another section and drop it right below the newly created LinkedIn profile section. In the Section Properties, inscribe Section Name: Company Page on LinkedIn. Detail page: <marked>.Edit page: <unchecked>. Layout: <1-column> and press “OK.”
- Go to “Visualforce Pages.” Pull one of these pages to the new part of your LinkedIn profile.
- Pick the “Properties of the Visualforce” page component. Inscribe the properties of the Visualforce page: Width: 100% Height: 675 Show scrollbar: <checked> Show label: <unchecked> and press “OK.”
- Pull one of these pages to a new section of your LinkedIn Company Page.
- Open the “Properties of the Visualforce” page component. Inscribe the properties of the Visualforce page: Width: 100% Height: 675 Show scrollbar: <checked> Show label: <unchecked> and press “OK.”
- Some previous restrictions required an extra step to render the custom app field. In the updated version of Sales Navigator, this field must be removed by pulling the LinkedIn Member Token into the Lead Information section.
- Save to the Lead or Contact page layout and reiterate the process for all others pages.
To simplify reporting and displaying feedback in your CRM as efficiently as possible, add the type of post to the lists associated with your activity.
- Open “Setup” and search for “Page Layouts.”
- Press “Modify” for the first-page layout.
- Scroll down to the “Linked List,” and in “Open Actions,” press the Bolt icon.
- Drive the “Task / Event Record Type” field of the list of fields to the selected field.
- In the column “Apply Information to Other Page Layouts,” choose “Select All,” or the page layouts that match this change. Press “OK.”
- Reiterate these actions for the history of the adjacent List activity and the page layouts under Contact.
Enabling Access to the Apex Class and Adding Visualforce Pages
If you did not have access to all users during the installation phase, you must turn on Apex Class Access and append Visualforce pages to the particular profiles you want to access.
Note. Steps 1-3 are only demanded for developer organizations. If you are not using Dev Org, skip straight to step 4.
- Go to Settings > Administration > User Management > Profiles, and choose the profile to which you want to access through the app.
- Hover over the Apex Class Access Enabled link and press “Edit.”
- Pick the next details from the Apex Classes list, append them to the Included Apex Classes list, and “Save.”LID.SalesNavigatorProfileHelperLID.SalesNavigatorProfileController
- Choose “Enabled Visualforce Page Access” and press “Edit.”
- Pick the next pages of the “Visualforce Pages” list, append them to the “Included Visualforce Pages” list, and “Save.”
- Repeat these actions for each profile to which you want to have access.
Testing Sales Navigator Widgets
To view the Sales Navigator in the Classic version, navigate through the company’s contacts, opportunities, leads, or records in Salesforce. When you open the app, it will prompt you to sign in to your LinkedIn account. You won't need to sign in again to LinkedIn after the first time.
Installing Sales Navigator’s Lightning Version
Now, let's take a look at how to connect to the Lightning version.
You demand full admin access, comprising view access, in one of the following versions: Unlimited, Developer, Performance, or Enterprise. The Pro Edition requires API access.
Important: You can download the Sales Navigator using the “Person” type of accounts. However, then, you won't get all CRM sync functionalities.
To view and test all the built-in Sales Navigator profile features in Salesforce, you must have a Team or Enterprise license and be a Sales Navigator admin or have team member access. It requires a Java scripting browser to install and configure.
Before installing Sales Navigator, set up your domain in Salesforce. To do this, go to the Salesforce home page.
- Choose “My Domain” in “Company Settings,” and enter your domain name to test its availability.
- Press "Register Domain" if the domain is available. Wait for it to be published. You will receive an email about this.
- To check your domain, click on “Login.” Support@salesforce.com will send you an email. Click on the link attached to the email to sign in and verify your domain.
- In the appearing “Go to This Page” pop-up, press “Open.”
- When testing is complete, go to “My Domain” and press “Deploy to Users.”
- In the pop-up window that appears, press “OK.” (You may change the domain setting later.)
- In the search section, pick “Sales Navigator,” and “Install.”
- In the pop-up window that appears, choose “Get Now.” It may prompt you to sign in to your AppExchange account for verification.
- In the "Install in this organization," press "Install here."
- If you want to limit access to some users/profiles with Team licenses, press “Install for Specific Profiles.” If you do not want to restrict any user, pick "Install for all users." Important: You will either see the Completion or Processing screen. In the latter case, wait for the installation completion email.
After installing the widget, manage consumers in your Salesforce account and permit LinkedIn Tasks for eligible users only.
- On the home page, enter "Profiles" in the "Quick Search" box.
- In the "User Management" section, pick "Profiles."
- Pick the first profile on the list.
Important: Do not choose "Integration User Profile" or "System Administrator."
- Scroll down to the “Recording Type Settings” part.
- Locate the Tasks section and press “Edit.” Pick “Smart Link In Progress,” “LinkedIn Calls,” “LinkedIn Message,” “LinkedIn InMail,” “Smart Link Created,” and press the “Remove” button for each.
- Click on “Save.”
- Reiterate the process for all listed profiles.
Adapting the Sales Navigator in Salesforce: Page Layouts
- On the “Contact Entry” page, press “Setup” and go to the “Edit” page. Explore the “Sales Navigator” to find displays in “Lightning Components.”
- Open the “Member Profile” (LID) field (used for Leads and Contacts), scroll down to the desired section, and release.
- Customize the embedded profile settings to display one or more Sales Navigator items. After making any changes, press “Save.”
Turning on InMail Quick Actions
- Pick “Object Manager” next to “Customize” on your home page.
- Choose “Contact” and go to “Page Layouts” in the “Object Manager” list.
- Pick “Contact Layout” and search for “Mobile & Lightning Actions” on the “Page Layout” list.
- Press “LinkedIn InMail” and scroll down to “Lightning Experience and Mobile Actions.” Important: A green checkmark will show that the change has been accepted.
- Press “Save” at the top of the page.
- Reiterate the process to lead page layouts.
Switch on Salesforce Sync for Sales Navigator
- Sign in to the Sales Navigator.
- Choose “Admin” at the top of the page.
- Pick “Administrator Settings” from the drop-down list. Find CRM. The Salesforce Import feature is only used to fetch data from CRM into Sales Navigator. It cannot overwrite them back in Salesforce.
- To control the sync functionality, select “Edit” of the CRM settings.
On “Autosave Leads and Accounts Controls,” define what types of leads and accounts should be automatically saved from your CRM for Sales Navigator.
At what stage do your sellers consider entering your sales funnel? To select the stage at which Salesforce will import accounts and leads, you will have to suggest leaders to your licensees in Sales Navigator, based on the user assignment in your CRM.
Where to store opportunity value? Determining this helps the Sales Navigator understand the profiles of your biggest deals and recommend similar accounts.
Setting Validation Rules In Salesforce
Check and revise the validation rules in your CRM to make the data validation feature work:
- On Salesforce’s home page, go to “Setup.”
- Open "Objects and Fields" and choose the "Object Manager."
- Press “Contact.”
- Pick “Check Rules” on the “Contacts” screen.
- Change the validation rules to either of these two options:
“Not at Company Flag” field to be updated without triggering rules
“User responsible” for ownership of batch jobs and installation to shun triggering rules.
Important: Validation rules can induce bulk API updates to fail, resulting in the validation of only a few contact records.
Eliminate Data Validation Errors
The Admin Portal permits administrators to tune in the Salesforce Sales Navigator integration. Please, use the 2.50 version or a later one to troubleshoot data validation errors.
- Open Admin Portal.
- Pick the “Data Validation Error” viewer to fix data validation errors.
Restoring Global Actions
- Open Admin Portal.
- Pick the “Sales Navigator Setup” wizard to navigate through the global actions/tasks restore process.
Integration via Zapier
With Zapier, you can start automatically transferring data between LinkedIn and Salesforce in just a few minutes. Using custom triggers, Zapier tells Salesforce to begin a specific action when something happens on LinkedIn. For example, when you make a new connection on LinkedIn, create an entry in CRM; when you receive a new LinkedIn message, append the contact to a matching campaign in Salesforce; or when you make a new Salesforce object (such as a lead, opportunity, or contact), append it to a particular campaign.
Description of the process
- Step 1. Log in to Salesforce and LinkedIn.
- Step 2. Choose one app as the trigger that will start your automation.
- Step 3. Pick an action in another app.
- Step 4: Choose the data you want to send from.
Connecting Salesforce with LinkedIn is not only essential for finding new connections, opportunities, and sales but also to revolutionize your marketing efforts. Salesforce CRM social media integration proffers you a crucial communication channel that allows all of your team to rely on a more dynamic and complete picture of your company's client pool. The LinkedIn information processed by Salesforce CRM turns your contact records into expanded profiles and helps convert cold lead data into closed deals.
Do you want more details on social media integration Salesforce, or need help in the process? The Ergonized team will quickly and efficiently conduct LinkedIn Sales Navigator Salesforce integration for you, considering all the nuances of your business. Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with a hot lead or interested consumers on LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration with Salesforce.