Who Uses Salesforce: Checking the Scope of Salesforce’s Industry Application
Salesforce is the ultimate CRM system to be reckoned with that now covers the widest scope of industries and niches. Currently used by over 150,000 companies all over the world and earning about $4.5 billion of quarterly revenue, Salesforce is the solution used by most commercial market players that truly care about their customer relationships.
The CRM has become so large it formed a separate Salesforce industry with a devoted community and a wide user base. It is safe to say that, currently, the status of Salesforce for the service industry is as firm as ever. Let’s take an in-depth look at a Salesforce industry list and see what it particularly excels at.
Salesforce was first founded as a SaaS company back in 1999. That alone says how mature the system has become by 2020. The underlying customer-relations services include the Commerce Cloud, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, Data Cloud, Analytics Cloud. Putting a large emphasis on cloud-based services, Salesforce goes hand in hand with modern CRM and global IT approaches.
Salesforce by Industries
Salesforce has vertical solutions for various professional fields - from regular retail to complex insurance and healthcare business management. Let’s take a look at what industries use Salesforce as a preferred customer relations-optimizing engine.
Retail & commerce
Salesforce in the retail industry has a great reputation among e-commerce providers when it comes to both regular (5.8% GDP) and wholesale (6.4 GDP) retail. A Commerce Cloud package of tools offers the following B2B and B2C solutions:
- Shopper Personalization through Salesforce – This allows for the merging of commercial data into shopping insights for a better understanding of your particular target audience. It also helps to make retail offers that really reach out to potential customers through push notifications, SMS, email, and insightful ads.
- Connect Commerce Everywhere – This helps to increase revenue and productivity by analyzing user history based on AI and mobile-first approaches. In the long run, you get a really efficient solution for the timely, highlighted promotion of services.
- Deliver Any Channel Service – You’ll need this if you want to go truly omnichannel and reach for customers in all the ways they prefer. Ultimately, this helps provide flexible customer support that grants a 100% reach of your notifications and updates for users.
Banking, insurance, & other financial fields
Among the top fields for applying Salesforce is the banking industry. 1.4% of banking establishments globally prefer this CRM engine. Thus, the Financial Services Cloud provides in-depth functionality for such industries as banking, insurance, wealth management, and mortgage/lending. The field of insurance, in particular, gets new advanced automation capabilities with Salesforce. 1.7% of the related companies prefer exactly this solution, and the following solutions will come in handy in all of the mentioned industries:
- Financial Services Cloud - Features gathered in this software suite grant digital-first lending opportunities for fast, utterly transparent offering and processing of loan services. You can provide self-service features, integrations, and omni-channel lending services.
- Service Cloud Digital Engagement - Salesforce for the insurance industry provides a convenient interface that improves customer outreach via various preferred channels with increased security. Combined with the Financial Services Cloud and other Salesforce features, you get the ultimate customer connection opportunities of Salesforce for the insurance industry.
The medical and healthcare fields cover the whole 8% of GDP when it comes to Salesforce usage. Modern medical establishments are increasingly striving to automate and upgrade the traditional methods that have gradually become outdated.
- Personalize Contact Center Experiences - Health Cloud coupled with Marketing Cloud allows for insightful segmentation and seamless communication with patients. You can even enable self-service features to automate services and make everything faster while still remaining just as profitable.
- Scale Member Care Management - Einstein Analytics is an efficient tool to help medical establishments get important data insights. Community Cloud and other integrations can help adjust collaboration capabilities and connect customer services and data accumulation without going too far.
Up-to-date media relies heavily on modern IT capabilities and these Salesforce verticals help to optimize and improve many various aspects of this industry:
- Salesforce Audience Studio - This will be useful if you are looking to target only the most relevant user audiences based on particular metrics. Thus, advertisers get a highly efficient tool for pinpointing profitable user areas and further increasing their reach and profits with other above-mentioned integrations.
- Maximize Audience Engagement - The already-mentioned Community Cloud and Marketing Cloud are added up with Salesforce DMP to provide features for ultimately personalized customer reach, individualized user journeys, and ROI-optimized service experiences.
Telecommunications solely makes up 1.2% of companies relying on the Salesforce industry clouds. However, this niche is closely interrelated with information technology making up the whole 38.5% of companies.
- Unify the Prospect Journey - The AI powers of Einstein combined with the Sales and Marketing Cloud allow you to efficiently boost the user experience and smooth out the service delivery routine as a whole.
- Deliver Intelligent Customer Service - Based on the Service Cloud capabilities, this solution provides a detailed overview of customer’s data, including the devices they use, service data, etc.
Salesforce in the manufacturing industry makes up 19.1% of the GDP and provides extensive automation and communication opportunities.
- Manufacturing Cloud - Use convenient visualization of sales agreements, compose unified forecasts to stay in demand and relevant, employ transparent collaboration tools to boost project planning efficiency, monitor account activity in real time, and more with this package of features.
Logistics and hospitality
Automation of order collection and the processing of further shipping services adjustments are covered by the CRM to make up 3.5% of GDP. You can also integrate Salesforce for the automotive industry or beneficially use the same solutions by Salesforce in the hospitality industry.
- Seamless Shipping Experience - Salesforce provides the whole package of features and capabilities to organize a full-on, end-to-end shipping experience. You get all the tracking, fulfillment, and order processing tools you could wish for. These also come in handy when using Salesforce for the travel industry.
- Increased Driver Engagement - You can digitize the entire scope of cooperation with drivers, including recruiting procedures, onboarding sessions, training, and further work relationships, optimizing, and accelerating every aspect. Using Salesforce in the travel industry, you can achieve real wonders of route optimization.
Non-profit mission projects can use Salesforce as a centralized tool to run insightful campaigns that will bring improved results and open new opportunities. For instance, the use of Salesforce in the energy industry allows one to receive all tracked data in one place for deeper analyses.
- Non-Profit Cloud – This offers interconnected capabilities for centralizing your marketing, management, fundraising, and other mission aspects to achieve maximum convenience. No matter where you employ the solution, be it Salesforce for the hospitality industry or other, you can ultimately reach a new level of digital impact on stakeholders.
The industry cloud of Salesforce greatly helps keep your workflow affected by the COVID-19 pandemic afloat with corporate social responsibility features.
- Philanthropy Cloud - A package of capabilities for keeping your employees motivated and engaged, measuring the rates of your business’s social impact, scaling campaign response, and uniting your workflow powers with an all-in-one solution.
Salesforce has dedicated data centers for government use and provides in-depth features for complex management and high-level regulations.
- Government Cloud & Compliance - The provided cloud solutions allow governments to save costs without losing touch on shifting regulations, the increasing complexity of legacy systems’ management routines, and the ever-growing citizen requirements and expectations.
When it comes to modern education, establishments all over the world are currently striving to centralize and automate traditional methods to keep up with the times.
- Education Cloud – This centralized cloud environment for educational purposes allows for up-to-date, digitized teaching/learning experiences with dedicated student history and progress views, notifications, data centralization, digital ledgers, etc.
Apart from all the global niches mentioned above, Salesforce industry verticals find their application in other, not so obvious fields. For instance, Salesforce for the construction industry efficiently helps fight the lack of digitization in the area that spawns a great productivity gap. The end-to-end integration of Salesforce in the pharmaceutical industry allows one to conveniently handle large volumes of data.
The Future Expanse of Salesforce
With advanced AI capabilities and in-depth commercial analysis, Salesforce industry solutions are surely looking to cover more emerging industries in the near future. The IoT and Big Data will be covered with specialized features for sure. All in all, the brand grows by around 12% every year, looking to gain $80 billion in pure revenue by 2025.
Things are looking quite vivid for Salesforce and the scope of industries it covers will only grow with time. It shouldn’t take too long until Salesforce announces new industry clouds specific for emerging fields and niches. And the part of Salesforce in the industrial revolution of our times surely mustn’t be neglected.
Salesforce industry categories include even smaller niches and areas than what we have mentioned in this article. And the ones we mentioned can be efficiently integrated alongside each other to reach maximum flexibility.
Thus, you can use the same solutions that are efficient in retail to introduce Salesforce in the food industry, employ certain features of Salesforce in the mining industry, and direct the logistics and financial powers of Salesforce in the mortgage industry.
Salesforce industry cloud is a well-tried-and-tested, established in the market provider of CRM powers that you shouldn’t miss out on if you focus on insightful business optimization and flexible customer opportunities. In large part, that is why so many people prefer this CRM engine for their projects, startups, and businesses.
Perhaps it’s high time you also turn to Salesforce for features that are guaranteed to bring results in a fast and efficient way.