Setting up email to case Salesforce – made easy!
Is your email to case not working in Salesforce?
If you are just beginning to use Salesforce, then odds are you're on cloud nine and in CRM heaven. This customer relationship management (CRM) software is a golden tool that gets you up close and personal with your client base.
What if email to case did not work in Salesforce? How do you set up Salesforce email to case? It's certainly not rocket science, but neither is it A-B-C. Follow this golden thread (detailed, step-by-step guide) to set yourself up for a better connection with your customers and associates.
What is email to case in Salesforce?
Email to case functionality in Salesforce is an incredible feature that enables you to turn emails from clients into cases. It also allows you to:
- Save email to case attachments as Salesforce files
- Set up auto-response email to case Salesforce
- Enable email to case with group email Salesforce
These emails are usually sent to your support email address, and it is easy for them to get mixed up, particularly if they are high volume. By turning them into cases, the emails can be properly queued in customer support, and each case is guaranteed to get the attention it deserves.
Here's an example of email to case in Salesforce:
1. A new email from a client is received into your business support email account.
2. The email is forwarded to a specific Salesforce email address.
3. Salesforce will generate a case for the email.
How to set up email to case in Salesforce
You have a grand total of two options when it comes to setting up Salesforce email to case:
- Email to case, which utilizes an agent on your device
- On-demand email to case, which uses Salesforce Apex email services
Set up email to case Salesforce
In order to set up email to case Salesforce, you will first need an email to case agent. You can download it by contacting Salesforce Customer Support. Once this is done, proceed to install the email to case agent right behind your network's firewall. At this point, you're already halfway there; however, be sure to follow the rest of these steps before patting yourself on the back for a job well-done:
- Approve email to case and proceed to configure the settings in your agent.
- Now, set up your routing address settings depending on how you prefer Salesforce to deal with the emails you receive from your clients.
- For the first trial, forward the email to the Salesforce case. How to verify? The emails should readily convert into cases according to their routing address settings.
- Add the configured email address to your website so that it's visible to clients who would like to contact you.
- To make user navigation smoother, add Email Quick Actions to your Cases page.
That's it! You're all set at this point. Salesforce email to case setup is not as complicated as you thought. Additionally, you can create templates that make it quick and handy for agents when responding to emails from clients.
If you're wondering what makes email to case unique, it enables you to send emails larger than 25 MB. This provides you with plenty of room to please your highly-valued customers.
On-demand email to case set up Salesforce
A distinctive feature of the on-demand email case doesn’t necessarily need a download. Instead, all you need to do is:
- Choose both the default and automated case owner for your business.
- Enable and set up email to case. Also, do this for on-demand email to case. In service setup area you need to do the following steps:
Select “Connect Your Support Email”
Enter the email address which will be used as service/support email:
3. Configure the settings of your routing address, depending on how you prefer Salesforce to deal with the emails you receive from your customers. Set up general settings for future Email-To-Case process, like Queue, Case Priority, Status and Case Origin:
4. For a quick test, forward email to Salesforce case. How to verify? The emails should readily convert into cases according to the settings of their routing address.
After a confirmation email received you need to approve it by clicking the link:
After clicking the link just select the checkbox, as below and click “Next”:
After you need to configure your email client as shown and described on the screen below for your email to be forwarded to Salesforce:
Click “Confirm” and “Next”:
After confirmation from Salesforce you will get one more email like this one below:
Such a screen will be shown at the end of the whole process:
5. Add the configured email address to your site. It’s also important to make the salesforce email to case associated with your contact visible to clients who want to contact you via email.
6. To make user navigation smoother, add Email Quick Actions to your Cases page, where you want to use this ability. For example:
With this option, you can also create templates for quick responses.
Once you're through with the email to case setup in Salesforce, you can breathe a sigh of relief and get down to some email interaction with your clients.
Over to you
While Salesforce has been dubbed "King of the Cloud," its cloud computing technology can be devilishly tricky to master. But not for you!
Now, you have all the oomph you need to launch your business to Pluto-level heights - and much more.