A chain of hotels that are located in different cities and locations within metropolises felt the need to implement a system of centralized management and monitoring.
The hotel chain wanted to manage and monitor the Wi-Fi locks that were located in the hotels, as well as watch the process of maintenance of Wi-Fi locks including installation, repair, replacement of batteries, software reflashing inside the lock.
The maintenance process includes:
- The installation of the Wi-Fi lock and its replacement when discharged;
- Wi-Fi lock repairment (e.g. does not respond to the signal; the mechanism has failed; lock picking if there is a failure in the lock);
- Wi-Fi lock software reflashing (software update for a newer version);
- Lock disassembly in case the repair cannot be carried out on site.
The solution was created on the cloud basis: AWS IoT Cloud for hardware and Salesforce CRM for software. All Wi-Fi locks were installed and connected to the AWS IoT Cloud.
AWS IoT Cloud allows the connection of diverse IoT devices and their management through internal services.
For the Salesforce IoT integration for this case, among all the Salesforce products, Field Service Lightning was selected as it has native support for IoT infrastructure (Input\Output streams, Orchestration, Platform Events). Moreover, Field Service Lighting allows you to distribute tasks (Work Order) between Service Agents who provide on-site service for various devices.
Management of all processes was distributed among several users:
Service Manager: A Salesforce user (multi-user option possible) who received all incoming requests using Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Maintenance of hotel guests database;
- Registration of all guests and particular guest in a certain room for a certain period (issued a key to access the room;SMS key-password for Wi-Fi lock; plastic chip card);
- Adding room cleaning service orders for the Service Agent after checking out.
Dispatcher Manager: Salesforce user who is responsible for receiving and distributing all Service appointments for Service Agents using Field Service Lightning. For example:
- Installation of a new Wi-Fi lock for new floors or locations;
- Replacement of the battery in the Wi-Fi lock;
- Repair of the Wi-Fi lock (update of the Wi-Fi password, elimination of technical malfunctions, replacement of the lock with a new one, etc.);
- Disassembly of the Wi-Fi lock;
- Updating the lock software.
Service Agent: these are the external employees who work on-site (locksmiths, cleaners, security service)
- Security guard – a security service or security guard at the reception, who can respond to intrusions into the room responding to an alarm. Wi-Fi locks can signal if the lock has been opened/hacked without permission. The hacking signal is sent to the mobile phone or a call is made to the security service phone.
- Locksmith is an advanced new type of actual locksmith who receives orders and assignments through the Field Service Lightning mobile application for the Service Agent, where you can see when, where and what exactly he needs to do.
- Hotel cleaning lady – a regular cleaner, or cleaning service, who receives a notification through the mobile application Field Service Lightning that you need to clean a certain room.
See the general scheme of interactions of all processes below:
The impact which the client received after the Salesforce IoT implementation:
- Centralized control system for all processes;
- Operating time reduction for managers;
- Faster response to service requests and security cases (e.g. hacking);
- Ability to scale your business several times while maintaining a single control panel for all business processes;
- Time accounting of freelancers that work on an hourly basis (cleaning service, security service, technical service (e.g. locksmiths).
Sales Cloud Implementation For Technology Company
Founded by leaders connected by the same goal of helping businesses to grow, Transcend provides high-quality consulting services to open new opportunities.
Founded by leaders connected by the same goal of helping businesses to grow, Transcend provides ...
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salesforce App Development For GDPR and CCPA Compliance
The enthusiastic team from Braveheartdata will ensure company compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other data protection laws.
The enthusiastic team from Braveheartdata will ensure company compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and ot ...
CRM Implementation for Real Estate Company
The Workplace Company is a fast-growing occupier-focused real estate consultancy based in central London, acting for all types of occupiers seeking office space in London.
The Workplace Company is a fast-growing occupier-focused real estate consultancy based in centra ...
United Kingdom, London
Sales Cloud Implementation For Marketing Company
SYNC Sponsorship is a local agency that focuses on marketing services applicable solely for the sponsorship sphere, taking into account all of its peculiarities.
SYNC Sponsorship is a local agency that focuses on marketing services applicable solely for the ...
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Sales Cloud Implementation for Air Cargo Company
DeltaWorldCharter is providing cargo and private jet charter services all over the world helping clients to find peace of mind by taking care of travel planning and being available for 24/7 consulting.
DeltaWorldCharter is providing cargo and private jet charter services all over the world helping ...
CRM And Inventory Solution For Automotive Industry
Payne Auto Group is a Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Ford, Volkswagen, FIAT & Alfa Romeo dealer with dealerships across the Rio Grande Valley.
Payne Auto Group is a Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Ford, Volkswagen, FIAT ...
Service Cloud and Pardot Implementation For Educational Company
Moncel has been a leading provider of online training in the hospitality and food services industry since 2012.
Moncel has been a leading provider of online training in the hospitality and food services indus ...
CRM Implementation For Farming Startup
Infarm is an urban farming services company that develops farming tech for grocery stores, restaurants, and local distribution centers. The company provides urban communities with fresh, nutritious products.
Infarm is an urban farming services company that develops farming tech for grocery stores, resta ...
Salesforce Nonprofit Implementation For Education Company
The Academy for Teachers connects educators to improve their professional skills, share knowledge and pass on experience.
The Academy for Teachers connects educators to improve their professional skills, share knowledg ...
Service Cloud Implementation for Publishing Company
Being obsessed with reading, Booknook helps authors disseminate their works by publishing their works online and crafting those books in formats that support all e-readers.
Being obsessed with reading, Booknook helps authors disseminate their works by publishing their ...
Sales Cloud Implementation For Mortgage Company
As an expert in the mortgage field, QMI offers people who are new to loan procedures to facilitate this process by saving clients’ time and effort while closing real estate deals.
As an expert in the mortgage field, QMI offers people who are new to loan procedures to facilita ...